Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gibberish

I went outside about 15 mins back and looked at the sky above me as is my wont these days, and what a sight! A large patch of cloud was blocking the sun, which crept from behind by the edges of the cloud giving it the famed silver lining. Not that I haven't seen a cloud in the sky before. But this one definitely made me miss a 8 MP, 12x zoom kind of camera.

The other day, while walking in front of Old Main and feeding and 'talking' to squirrels, I wondered why is it that people haven't yet figured out any of the animal languages. I don't even know if there is an elaborate sign language among animals for every word, every emotion. But surely animals 'talk' among themselves. Is it more difficult to figure out this language, and develop a device that could enable each humans to talk to animals, than it is to fathom the concept of wave-particle duality, or matter-energy duality? Yes, I have seen the discovery channel programmes on the communication between whales through whistles. But that's not what I mean.

Gibberish it is!

No comments: