Sunday, February 11, 2007

Missing

I am asked sometimes if I miss some particular person. I have heard people say they miss other people. All I can do is smile. I have never missed anyone. Sometimes when I am on a rear window seat of a car and the wind blows by my face, I think about the times of college days, specifically the feeling I had in one of my i-don't-want-to-talk moods. Times when I would walk under the yellow street light in the Institute campus, or walk with my face up looking at the star-lit sky, or sit with a friend in the evenings in the stadium, or sometimes just go to a friend's room and do nothing - just sit there and maybe hear him talk. Times spent with my family, those moments of pure fun. I 'miss' those times. But it is not a specific person that I miss. And I have a great family and great friends. One evening when I realized that from then on, I won't be talking to a friend that often, being in different time zones, I had a feeling that may be termed as one of missing someone. But again, I will not be missing the person. I will just miss the conversation, that too only once in while (like while at the window seat of a car :)) . I lost myself here.......I think I wanted to say that nobody misses anybody, or that the term is confusing/misleading. Saying that you miss somebody is just a way of saying that you haven’t found anyone else to talk to or to spend and enjoy the time with. I feel a vacuum sometimes, but I can’t point specifically what is missing.

No comments: