Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gritty girl becomes world’s first

Sheetal Mahajan became the first female on Dec. 15, 2006 to jump out of aircrafts over the north and the south poles. I am so jealous, and a fan! I, however, do not understand the concept of making world records. If you like the adrenaline rush, sky diving can be done at other places at much cheaper rates I guess. But then, she says she wanted to prove to the world a few things. Trying to get training from the Air Force officials who were not so eager to train civilians and finding sponsors for the cost of training requires a very firm determination. That is why I admire this girl. She knew what she wanted and went for it.

I wonder when I'll want something so bad that I won't let inertia come into my way.

The article is at: http://specials.rediff.com/news/2007/jan/08slid1.htm

No comments: